Estate and Probate Administration
There are 3 things you must do in the first few days after someone dies.
- Get a medical certificate from a GP or hospital doctor. You’ll need this to register the death.
- Register the death within 5 days (8 days in Scotland). You’ll then get the documents you need for the funeral.
- Arrange the funeral - you can use a funeral director or arrange it yourself.
You may be able to use the Government run Tell Us Once service to report a death to most government organisations in one go.
You do not need to deal with the will, money and property straight away.
We can help to provide a reliable, efficient and reasonably priced Estate Administration Service.
This service includes:
• Dealing sensitively with the Bereaved
• Taking Instructions
• Handling the Need for a Grant of Probate
• Explaining the Process
• Dealing with the tax affairs including HMRC
• Handling Inheritance Tax
• Collecting Estate and Settling Liabilities
• Settling Legacies including the Transfer of Assets
• Estate Accounts
• Distributing the Estate to the Beneficiaries
• Fixed Cost for all our work